Useful contact details
Download: Calendar of club meetings
|Club emails & chairs/presidents|
|WCPF email |
|WCPF chair||Nicol||du Toit|
|WCPF treasurer||Frans||du Bois|
|Youth, Salon Acceptances||Phillip||De Lange|
|WCPF Facebook||Marleen||la Grange|
|Achievements/Communication Award||Trudi||Du Toit|
Western Cape Photographic Forum
All Western Cape clubs are invited to send up to two representatives to the quarterly meetings of the Western Cape Photographic Forum (WCPF), where issues of importance to clubs in the region are discussed. Meetings are held every three months on the last Saturday of the month. Contact the secretary for more information.
I would like to request club chairs/presidents to please share the minutes and other forum information with their committee members and make them aware of relevant issues:
- Interclub: due to Covid-19 there was no print category in the 2020 Interclub competition, but clubs were allowed to double up on PDI entries. The awards evening was a virtual event.
- JAP, is a two-year educational course with a gap year to educate prospective judges about different photographic genres and how to adjudicate them. Antenie Carstens and Celia Fouche developed a structured framework and comprehensive curriculum. The new course starts in February 2021 and will be administered by Nicol du Toit, assisted by Lynne Kruger-Haye, Stephen Burgstahler and Trudi du Toit.
- Joint club membership: During the 2018 Interclub competition problems occurred because images from two club members were entered by more than one club, who were not aware of the photographers’ dual membership. This is against the rules. Please make sure that all club members indicate their primary club, which is the only club that may enter their images for any competition (PSSA, Interclub etc.). Members must also be made aware that they must inform all clubs they belong to if they join another club, or if they change their designated primary club.
- Changes to club details: Remember to update any changes to your club venue, meeting times and contact person on the PSSA website and address details on the membership database – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or the membership secretary Ria Katzke at email@example.com. Remember to also update your club’s website/Facebook page.
- Facebook postings: the Western Cape Photographic Forum is an organisation for all photographic clubs in the region and the WCPF Facebook page is open to all club members in the Western Cape. We’d like to encourage you to join the page, where you can share your own images and club information. Contact Marleen la Grange to join the group. Please remember, due to Facebook’s rule on the usage of images, you may only post your own images, but you may encourage all club members to share their images.
Club meetings calendar
Find information on the monthly meeting dates of the clubs by downloading the calendar here.
- Monthly competitions: Please remember to enter your club’s winning senior and/or junior (1-3 star) photos in the monthly PSSA competition – a club representative (ideally the chairperson) submits the senior or junior club winner via Photo Vault at http://www.photovaultonline.com. Also, remember that you may enter two images in January as the competition will not be judged at the end of December.
So far, images from clubs like CTPS, Hermanus, Paarl, Swartland and Creative Camera Club have been doing very well. Alert your club members that individual PSSA members can also submit one image per month in the PSSA website competition on photovaultonline.com.